Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today's Music vs. Music of the 60s,70s,80s & 90s

I have mixed feelings regarding the music and bands of today. Number 1, I do listen to a rock station everyday at work, so I'm familiar with a lot of what is being put out these days. Number 2, I will admit to liking an awful lot of what I'm hearing. And number 3, in spite of liking it, I'm not sold on the fact that many of the bands or their music will ever be considered classic or relevant in the future, at least in the same way as bands like Led Zep, The Stones, The Kinks, The Allman Brothers, Cream, Lynrd Skynrd, U2, The Beatles, etc.
Now don't get me wrong, there are some solid and talented bands out there, but I'm just not sure of their influence on future music and their staying power.
So, I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone about your thoughts and feelings about today's music and bands in relation to the classic ones.
Also who are your favorites, new or old?
What would you recommend I listen to that may change my opinion?
Share your thoughts and ideas with me and others.

No comments: