Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MUSIC'S INFLUENCE IN MY LIFE

When I think about music, I can't help but think about it's influence on my life. How often have you been driving in your car and that favorite song hits the airwaves? Did it change your thoughts of the moment? Did it cheer you up, make you smile, make you sad, no matter what emotion you felt, you felt something didn't you?



As long as I can remember music has been a part of my life. I can recall songs that my teacher used to play in second grade. Most of those were little story type songs to teach a lifes lesson or some such thing. Still it would be something that the class would look forward to, because it was a diversion from the daily routine of the three R's. It altered or enhanced our moods and gave us a new attitude as the day moved on.


Click Here!
Later in life, when I reached high school, music really began to play a major role in my life. I had several friends that I would swap albums with and we would listen and critique what each other was listening to. I found it opened my eyes to not only a lot of new music, but also to new friendships through shared thoughts. I was finding out that people I had known for years had a lot more to share than I would have ever guessed. In fact, as we began to share our music, we also began to share our hopes and dreams. I was making new friends through music. In many cases I became friends with people that I had never thought I would have anything in common with. The music opened the lines of communication and what I found out was that as I began to open up to new musical styles I opened up to new ideas of all kinds.

I'd love to hear from readers about their thoughts and feelings on music and what part it plays in their life.

No comments: