Thursday, November 20, 2008

Musical Diversions

Hey everybody, just got up and blogging here tonight. I'm new to this kind of thing but not to posting and sharing my opinion. So, that said I thought I might get started by sharing some of what I find interesting, entertaining, or just plain old fun.
One thing that I have found to be true with almost everyone I know is that they have some love of music. It seems to be a universal thing and now in the computer and digital age it is so much more accessible and diverse than ever before. Downloadable music, movies, and games can give instant gratification like never before. I recently came across a great site for any of those interests. Try this Click Here! and see what I mean.

I know when I was growing up in the late 60s and early 70s I would scan radio station after radio station to hear that favorite song. Man, what I would have given to have the kind of access to music that my kids do now. Wanna hear something now, get to the computer or your cell phone, punch in that web site and roll. In my day if you wanted instant music you bought the LP or 8 track or cassette and found a comfortable seat in your bedroom or next to a speaker in your buddies car. Instant back then meant the instant you could round up the money, make the drive to the record store, pick up the album, and get it home. My how things have changed.

Anyway, I will be posting now and then as I feel the urge. Maybe a little something about the new games and how they compare to pinball and Space Invaders.

Later.

No comments: